help break the cycle of poverty
10% of the world lives on less than $1.90 a day. Some of the biggest tools to fight poverty come from the simplest solutions – training, loans, seeds, animals, and access to marketplaces. Helping people provide for themselves creates change that can be seen for generations. Women in particular experience the positive effects by being able to enter a marketplace previously closed to them and providing dependable income, self-reliance, and even safety, to them and their children.
Did you Know?
Empowerment is the best lesson you can teach someone. If you give a man a fish, you feed him for one day. But if you teach a man to fish, he will be able to feed himself for a lifetime.
Here are some of the ways ADRA is helping families increase income generation and livelihood opportunities:
– Providing training in agriculture, food processing and livestock
– Distributing seeds and tools to grow gardens and nurseries with nutritious vegetables
– Establishing savings and loans groups in the communities
– Increasing productivity of the land through innovative systems such as SALT
– Implementing water tanks, taps, and drip irrigation systems to increase access to clean water sources
In 2021 through your support, ADRA impacted 3,636,291 lives and supported more than 239 livelihood projects around the world.
Fine Wool Sheep Breeding Pilot Project
Implemented by ADRA Mongolia, the goal of the project is to enhance sustainable livelihoods for sheepherders from the improved wool quality and quantity production. ADRA Hong Kong is providing financial support along with donors, HELP International, ADRA Australia, ADRA Japan, the Australian Embassy, and ADRA International.